BRIEF INFORMATION ABOUT BUSINESSES
STARS IN HOTELS AND FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- In a single star hotel a breakfast lounge and snack bar service is required.
- In a two star hotel a snack bar that serves alcoholic beverages is sufficient.
- In a three star hotel restaurant requirements begin.
- In a four star hotel the restaurant must be organized as first class.
- In five star hotels there must be a lounge with at least one restaurant and an “American Bar” in addition to the first class restaurant.
CLASSIFICATION OF RESTAURANTS
THE FEATURES EXPECTED FROM THIRD CLASS RESTAURANTS:
- Functionality and materials according to class with harmonious décor and lighting.
- A supplies storage in accordance with the facility capacity.
- A cold storage that has an alarm and can be opened from the inside.
- Cooking equipment as needed.
- Sufficient preparation areas suitable for the type of dinners that will be held at the facility.
- Washing, drying and stacking areas, shelves, cabinets and a dishwasher appropriate for the service capacity.
- A well organized dinner lounge.
- The necessary precautions for first aid, fire and work safety.
THE FEATURES EXPECTED FROM SECOND CLASS RESTAURANTS:
In addition to those in third class restaurants;
- At least a 50 person indoor dinner room capacity
- A kitchen space larger than 25% of the dinner room
- An entry hall, telephone service and management room
- If the dinner hall and service units are on separate floors, a service stairway or lift
- A separate service entry
- Separate toilets for men and women, changing room for personnel, sink, shower and toilet
- An office between the dinner room and the kitchen service
THE FEATURES EXPECTED FROM FIRST CLASS RESTAURANTS:
In addition to those in a third and second class restaurant;
- A dinner room for at least 100 people plus a 50 person private dinner room that is directly connected to the kitchen or has a service kitchen and a cocktail lounge
- A kitchen area of at least 50 meters square
- Ventilation and air conditioning system
- An oven and range in the kitchen
- Apparatus to keep food and plates hot
- Places to prepare desserts and cakes
- Music broadcast, a coat check counter